Monday, February 16, 2015

Flower Fairy

Today I want to share a Flower Fairy that I made for this week's theme at Make My Monday. We were to use our two favorite colors - I love blue and orange, so my little fairy was created in those colors.

The kit that I used to make this fairy is from Retro Cafe Art. The fairy I used is STYLE 1. She was a lot of fun to make! First I painted her body with Martha Stewart's Satin Acrylic paint (color - Pond). Then I stamped text onto her body. Next, I put orange paper in the niche and added a blue and orange heart. I punched a scalloped circle from the same floral paper, cut it in half, inked the edges with brown chalk ink and then attached these over the existing wings. The face I used was one from a package of doll heads. I painted her crown yellow and then added blue and orange gems.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is just amazing!!!!!!

Wendy said...

Joan your fairy is outstanding. What a great idea. Love everything about it!

Fliss said...

A quirkily beautiful creation Joan and love those bright colours too.
Fliss xx